MICROWAVE BASICS FOR YOUR STACK COOKER!
• The oven vs. microwave ratio is 4 to 1. What takes 40 mins. In the oven takes 10 in the micro!
The microwave is a real money saver since it is a smaller appliance and much more efficient.
• You can cook 85% of everything you cook on the stove or in the oven in your microwave.
• All cooking in the stack cooker is on high temperature unless otherwise noted.
• Remember, all microwaves are a little different, just like stoves and ovens. You will have to
experiment a little and adjust the times to your microwave. It is best to start with a shorter amount
of time until you have more knowledge.
MEATS AND EGGS
• Cooking times: Meats- 6 mins per lb. Fish-3 mins per lb. Eggs-1 min per egg (poke eggs to
• Hamburger browned in the colander has the same amount of fat as chicken.
• Brown hamburger in the colander, discard the fat and cholesterol. Add sloppy joe mix, taco
seasoning, spaghetti sauce, chili or prepare a casserole and microwave accordingly.
• Cook a whole chicken in the stack cooker, set the chicken onto the cone, sprinkle with paprika (the
chicken will be golden brown) Cover and Cook 6 min per lb. Yummy & quick!
• Use regular box mixes, following box directions to mix, in general 10 minutes microwave time.
• Use the 3 qt bowl with the cone
• Do not grease or flour, the casserole is nonstick.
• To cut out fat & calories, substitute equal amounts of applesauce for the oil.
• Let stand 5 minutes after cooking and removing from the pan.
• Cakes will pull away from the edge of the pan when done.
• Take any powdered cake mix plus a can of pie filling and 3 eggs. Mix together and cook 14
• Angel Foods – buy one-step box mix. Split the batter in half, cook 15 min in large bowl, repeat
for the other half of batter.
• Rice Krispie Bars – put 40 marshmallows and 2 TBSP margarine in 3 qt casserole. Cook 2 min
uncovered. Stir, cook 1 min stir, and pour over 6 cups of rice krispies. Stir and pat into pan.
• Almond Bark – 1 ½ lb pkg almond bark. Put in 1 ¾ stack cooker cover, cook 3 min stir, Stays
creamy and workable approx 20 mins.
• Incorporate a dark ingredient (whole grain flour, molasses, or chocolate) into the batter to get a
product that is darker than one made with white flour.
• Grease and coat the casserole with toasted wheat germ or finely chopped nuts for a crust like color
• When making muffins, use double paper cups to absorb excess moisture.
• Increase leavening by 10% when baking scratch recipes. Rapid cooking doesn’t give leavening
time to work. .• Items with leavening ingredients need to sit 5 minutes BEFORE you put in the microwave, so the
ingredients can “activate”.
• Graham cracker crusts can be “baked” on high for 1-½ minutes.
• Use the cone on most cakes. It promotes more even cooking. Smaller cakes like the pineapple
upsi8de down cake do not need the cone.
• Mix, don’t beat most cake batters. The mixer puts extra air in the batter that is not necessary in a
micro-baked cake. It won’t hurt it but it isn’t necessary
VEGETABLES, PASTA & RICE
• For pasta & noodles, put just enough water to cover. Cook covered. It usually takes 7-9 minutes
for about 2 cups of pasta.
• Corn on the cob takes approx. 2 minutes per ear.
• Fresh & Frozen vegetables take very little water to cook, just rinse before cooking. Most
vegetables take 7-8 minutes for 2 ½ to 3 cups. Green beans are denser and take a bit longer.
• Instead of boiling potatoes on the stove, do it in the stack cooker. It will only take 8-10 minutes
for approx. 6 medium potatoes. You can leave a little water that is left and mash that right into the
• Instant Rice – 2 cups rice plus 2 cups water stir and cook approx 8-=9 minutes.
• Long cooking rice – boil 1 cup water, add ¾ cup of rice, cook 6-7 min.